Porto Summer School on Art & Cinema
Curated by Filipa César, Nuno Crespo and Daniel Ribas
With the support of the Research Center for Science and Technology of the Arts and the FCT – Foundation for Science and Technology.
The artists and curators confirmed so far for the 3rd edition are:
Kleber Mendonça Filho
Marinho de Pina
New Alphabet School
The Summer School intends to be an advanced course of new practices of cinema, combining a critical thought with the contact with great creators of film and contemporary art. The diversity of procedural approaches, as well as the decisive themes of the present world, will be presented by directors/artists of great international relevance, assisted by thinkers, critics and academics who will discuss the work developed during the week. The Summer School is structured in six days, and each day is dedicated to one of the directors/artists who, at different times and with different structures, will be in direct contact with the participants, in a creative and informal environment.
Besides the workshops, the Summer School has also an open program, mostly comprised of screenings and exhibitions openings from the directors or artists present in Porto. This program is offered to the city and its lively cultural audience.
- An international summer school aimed for artists and filmmakers.
- A faculty composed of internationally recognized artists/directors and academics/thinkers.
- An intensive regime, for a week, with contact with several creative agents of contemporary cinema.
- Use of the technical and artistic resources of the School of Arts (material for capturing images and sound, post-production laboratories for image and sound, exhibition space, library).
- The Summer School will take place in various cultural spaces of the city (Serralves, Municipal Gallery, Teatro Rivoli)
- The city of Porto, as a tourist destination of great cultural impact.
Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to receive additional information on other programs and opportunities, please subscribe our newsletter here
Flashback of the last edition