Shaping Genealogies · 1st International Conference on Late 19th and Early 20th Century Sculpture
October 7-8 2021
Call for papers: June 30th 2021
O Desterrado, Século XIX [Roma, 1872], Reis, António Soares dos (1847-1889), Pedra (mármore de Carrara)
Fotógrafo: José Pessoa, 2001 Copyright:© DGPC - Museu Nacional Soares dos Reis
We have the pleasure of announcing the SCULPT2021- Shaping Genealogies –1st International Conference on Late 19th and early 20th century Sculpture. The conference is organized by CITAR in partnership with Museu Nacional de Soares dos Reis (Direção-Geral do Património Cultural). The online event will take place at the School of Arts of Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Porto, Portugal), between 7th and 8th October 2021.
We hope to see you in October 2021!
The focus of the conference will be on the following topics:
- European sculpture produced in the 19th and early 20th century
- Art History and Iconography
- Material and Technical Studies /Heritage Science
- Preventive Conservation, Management and Sustainable Protocols
- Conservation and Restoration
- New challenges for Museums in 2021 – new ways of accessing heritage in institutions
- Digital Heritage and Digital Humanities
- Artistic and Practice-based Research